own the beating of my heart

i'm ashamed of the way your songs and your words

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

make all our dreams come true

want vs need  don't expect any more from me

dreams and practicalities
if i ignore the one i miss the other
dead in the water
lose:lose situation
can't have cake or eat it
no cake for me

i want things i can't have and don't want to or won't make the effort to grab anyway.
easier to write emo blog entries that no one reads (not even me) (oh wait, lies!)

betrayal is all in the heart of the betrayed
even when she never promised me a thing
not even friendship for life
not even a phone call

i miss the one one i want to touch me
not like that
just a shoulder to bury my face in
arms squeezing my ribs till i gasp
with love (not like that)
hands in my hair
hand on my shoulder
voice in my ear

"you are loved
you are worthy
you are beloved
you are valued
you are treasured
you are held"

but then, she never said it anyway
betrayal can't happen in the absence of promises.

what is the opposite of fearless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home