own the beating of my heart

i'm ashamed of the way your songs and your words

Friday, October 26, 2007

my voice is my disguise

i know i broke your heart
and i just wanted to say i'm sorry
but this isn't really about you (sorry)

only singing about myself, 'cause that's all that i know
only singing about me, 'cause no one else will
only singing about myself, only singing about myself

once upon a time, it seemed like a good idea
there was a boy and a girl and you know how this goes
only, you don't (no, not really at all)

i know i broke his heart
i was an accident, honest
i know i broke his heart
but he didn't have mine

first kisses and quite words
shyness and boldness and keeping it quiet
hiding and secrets and whispers and kisses
(he never knew)

fault and blame and i just don't know
i just know my heart was where it started out
it was never going to end well (i'm sorry)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home