own the beating of my heart

i'm ashamed of the way your songs and your words

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

keeping secrets in a box

less and more and never enough for anyone but me
too queer but not enough gay
like bi only without the sex
only ever enough for me myself and i

its a hard knock life, it's true
just waiting around, kickin my shoes
but they're not like the ones that i'm supposed to wear
if you take a second look you'll see
they're even faker than me, than me

she said it's a matter of personal integrity and i want to believe her
she said it's about honesty and discarding bullshit
i want to believe her
but i don't
i don't believe a word of it (a hint: the best part is the lie)

because i'm still angry anymore
i'm still mad and disillusioned
i'm still me in a box
taking all comers and spitting them out
i'll take what i need and leave the rest behind
you don't deserve my best
you don't deserve me, you don't deserve me

i'm better than you'll ever be
but you don't even know it
i'm better than you ever knew
and you just can't see it

because i'm just right, perfect for me
entirely sufficient and quite complete
i'm just right and perfect for me
but too much and not enough for anyone else

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home