own the beating of my heart

i'm ashamed of the way your songs and your words

Monday, July 16, 2007

dry your eyes child, you've got no reason to cry

i'm such a terrible hypocrite
speak two things at once

it's all such a pose
i've really got a bed of sunshine and roses (sans thorns, of course)

those who pulled me into this world actually did their job
any broken bits are only my fault
so i really shouldn't complain
but i do any way (of course)

it's all such a pose
darkened eyes
catchy shoes
the down-turned mouth fake till it becomes fact
and then there's no turning back

regrets pile up by the gallon
till i'm on a crash course with no recourse
and it's all my own damn fault
no one ever told me to
but i did it anyway

the blood and bone and brain will be splattered
and mine
and it will beautiful
my greatest achievement
my contribution to the world
(to take myself out of it)

(remember, it's all just a pose)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home