own the beating of my heart

i'm ashamed of the way your songs and your words

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

inspired by the worst of them all

it's interesting, perhaps
that the one most reviled is the one doing the most
most good most bad most everything
it's hard to say

i would like to be one of those
set afire
buring with my passion

instead i'm one of those other ones
who puts one foot in front of the other and has a hard enough time managing that much.
stupid and thick and dull

i want my cheekbones to elicit sighs
i want my eyes to spark  smiles
i want my voices to trigger that sudden hush as a million voices hold their breath and lean forward
the better to hear
i want gloss and glam and bright lights

and at the end of the day, i want to take it all off and fold it up and put it away until the next time electricity holds me hostage
and exhaustion is temorarily at bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home